Week 3 of 13!

OK, so Week 3 of 13 is upon us! This is quite a busy semester! I am working on furiously on proofreading and editing my 100+ page (single space) capstone project - I could trim about 7 pages or so of just pure theory at the beginning, and about 10 pages of justification of why I used certain things in my design document, but that's half the fun of the project ;-)

In other areas, weekly article critiques for my sociolinguistics course and almost weekly journal entries from my communications class. I think I've gotten into the groove of these two courses so by Saturday afternoon I can have most work done and enjoy a few hours of TV watching on the weekend.

My online class is an unknown at this point since we are a week off from my other classes (so it's actually week 2 of 13 as far as online is concerned), so I guess I have not yet found my rhythm.

I have to say that I am enjoying my face to face classes (sociolinguistics and communications theory) MUCH more than I had anticipated. Good instructors!

Comments

Could you spin out your justification into an appendix or something? I suppose it'll all get read, so it wouldn't shorten anything, but it might *tighten up* the prose? Hard for me to say, of course, because I'm not reading it…
I've considered taking all of the Linguistics theory and putting into an appendix - then again the capstone guide does have an "instructional methodology" section (which is where the linguistics theory is currently found in) so it seems like they want some justification of why you are doing what you are doing.

Tables and figures also take up space, so it's not densely packed content :-)

I am currently doing round 1 of editing and reviewing. This (long) weekend I should have a better idea :)

Popular posts from this blog

Discussion forums in MOOCs are counter-productive...well, sort of...

Academic Facepalm (evaluation edition)

Latour: Third Source of Uncertainty - Objects have agency too!