On the importance of orientations

My first blog post for the UMass Online blog is now live, check it out here

I think I may have approached the subject here before, I don't really remember, but orientations are, I think, pretty important when you are entering an academic program.  It really sets the tone for the program, both in term of curriculum and all the administrative minutiae that we as students have to deal with (and if done right, it creates connections to classmates, alumni, and outside organizations!)

What do you think? Have you been to an orientation that rocked?  Have you been to one that's been sub-par?  What's worked for you as a student and what would you like to see?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Academic Facepalm (evaluation edition)

Discussion forums in MOOCs are counter-productive...well, sort of...

Latour: Third Source of Uncertainty - Objects have agency too!