ChatGPT Poetry Jam

An AI image creation using the prompt "robotic poet in the style of robots from futurama"

I thought I'd post a little comic relief before the week begins.  I decided to play a little bit with ChatGPT this week as well as DALL-E. I've been thinking about AI in Education, connected with an upcoming project, and I was thinking about the history of the pondering and discourse around AIEd.

My goal here was to see what ChatGPT does when it is presented with prompts to produce something in a language other than English and to assess the quality of the non-English output.  It's not great, but it is rather humorous...

Prompt: please give me a poem in greek about how yummy gyro souvlaki are

Output:
Γυροσουβλάκι, πικάντικο και νόστιμο
με τη ζωή να σε δουν, δε θα σε στοιχειώσω
πλάτη στο σκεύος, και μπριάτσα στο παράθυρο
παραδειγματικός για την ελληνική κουζίνα ο κύρος.

(Translation: Gyro souvlaki, succulent and delicious
With life to see you, I will not enumerate
Loin in the dish, and tomatoes in the window
An example of Greek cuisine, the lord.)


Prompt: write a poem in greek in iambic pentameter about a teenager searching for the best souvlaki

Output:
Νεανικός και απόψεις με δυνατές επιθυμίες,
συνεχώς ζητώντας το καλύτερο σουβλάκι
σε όλους τους τόπους, και σε όλες τις λειτουργίες
με σκεψές πλούσιες, και μυαλό δυνατό.

Περπατώντας δρόμους, και διασχίζοντας δρόμους
σε κάθε γωνιά, σε κάθε καταστήματα
ερευνώντας πάνω από τα παραδείγματα
της ελληνικής κουζίνας, και της γεύσης.

Και με την ώρα που πέρασε, και με την προσπάθεια
ευτυχώς βρήκε στην καρδιά της πόλης
το πιο νόστιμο σουβλάκι, και στην επιτυχία
ευχαριστεί τον Θεό, και την καλή τύχη.

(Translation: A teenager, with strong desires and opinions,
|constantly searching for the best souvlaki
in all places, and in all functions
with rich thoughts, and a strong mind.

Walking streets, and crossing roads
in every corner, in every store
exploring examples
of Greek cuisine, and taste.

And with time passed, and with effort
happily found in the heart of the city
the most delicious souvlaki, and in success
thanked God, and good luck.)


Prompt: write a mantinada about a greek student desperately seeking a freddo cappuccino  at 3am after a long night's marathon exam preparation session

Output:
Πολύ σκληρά δουλεύω και σπουδάζω,
Για να πετύχω ό,τι θέλω να έχω,
Αλλά στο μεσημέρι και στο βράδυ
Έχω πολλά όνειρα για καφέ.

Μα και στην αρχή της νύχτας
Έχω έναν καφέ που με θυμίζει,
Έναν freddo cappuccino που μου αρέσει
Και που με κάνει να νιώθω καλά.

Και στην ώρα που ο διάλογος μου ξεκινά
Και πολλά βιβλία κλείνουν τους σελίδες τους
Εγώ σκέφτομαι πώς να πάω για ένα freddo
Και να σταματήσω να σκέφτομαι για τους εξετάσεις.

(Translation: I work hard and study,
To achieve what I want to have,
But in the middle and in the evening
I have many dreams for coffee.

But at the beginning of the night
I have a coffee that reminds me,
A freddo cappuccino that I like
And that makes me feel good.

And when my dialogue starts
And many books close their pages
I think about how to go for a freddo
And stop thinking about the exams.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Academic Facepalm (evaluation edition)

Discussion forums in MOOCs are counter-productive...well, sort of...

Latour: Third Source of Uncertainty - Objects have agency too!