Idea for gRSShopper - participant +1

I was sitting on the train this afternoon On the train catching up on the Digital Scholar (Martin Weller's book from last week on Change MOOC), reading some of the seed-posts from this week's facilitator and reading some initial posts from people who've already written something on thus week's topic (collective learning).

I have a few blog post to dos on my list for the next couple of days (which require more text and brain power than I have now...otherwise I'd get crackin' on writing those thoughts down right now) but I had this idea for gRSShopper: a digg feature for blog posts. If you really like a participant's blog post (or diigo submission or tweet or whatever) you could +1 them. Then top posts could rise up at the end of the MOOC as something to revisit if you didn't get through them the first time around.

OK that was the idea. What do you think?

- Posted using BlogPress from my Newton 3000 (iPad)

Comments

Jane McGonigal mentioned OnePlusMe.com in her book Reality is Broken, and I have been searching for a way for my students to one plus each other within a framework that collects the data for classes. iPeer out of UBC/Vancouver comes close (open source), but it is unwieldy. Still looking. I have cobbled something together using Google Forms, but it doesn't dump easily into my LMS, moodle. 

I prefer OnePlussing people rather than posts. 

Popular posts from this blog

Discussion forums in MOOCs are counter-productive...well, sort of...

Academic Facepalm (evaluation edition)

Latour: Third Source of Uncertainty - Objects have agency too!